There are many benefits to having a dog, but the downside is that they need to be taken care of. This includes feeding them and making sure they have water, exercise and plenty of love. But what about when you aren’t home? Here we will provide 10 tips for keeping your furry friend at home safe so you can enjoy all the benefits owning a pup has to offer!Give them a sturdy dog house.
1. Build a fence around your yard.
2. Leave them with enough food and water to last the day.
3. Make sure there is nothing they can get into that will make them sick or harm themselves in any way.
4. Be aware of dangers like cars, chemicals, police sirens etc… and keep their environment safe for them!
5. Leave a radio playing so they aren’t bored and lonely.
6. Give them toys to play with while you’re gone! This will keep them busy, less likely to chew on things that shouldn’t be chewed upon and limit the risk of separation anxiety.
7. Put your contact information right by the door so if someone comes over looking for you they’ll know how to reach you.
8. Make sure your pet is licensed and up-to-date on their vaccinations so if something should happen to them there will be no issues!
9. Let friends or family who live nearby know when and where you’re going out of town so they can check in. If possible, send pictures of your dog, their surroundings and the date you will be back.
In conclusion, there are many things you can do to keep your pet safe and happy when you’re not around.
Jason Dann is a carpenter and contractor that specializes in roofs. He has been working on roofs for over 10 years. Jason takes pride in his work, making sure to do the job right the first time, every time. With more than 20 years of experience under his belt, he knows how to get it done!